Sunday, May 10, 2009

she said YES!


Audra and Cole's first dance as husband and wife!!

Audra and Cole's wedding was a success. and i say success because it literally came a flood. we thought we were going to have to build an ark. on friday, the water was over the tires. i like to say that the car was "swimming" down the road.



I love this one!

saturday came. we got up to get our nails and toes done around 10 and it was only misting. the day kept floating on and still no rain. we were crossing our fingers. 5:00 rolled around and IT WAS CLEAR! you could even see the sun peeking out. audra was so excited! she was going to get her outside wedding after all. 6:00--a giant, black cloud floated right over the wedding. we prayed some more and the good Lord was gracious. it didn't rain the entire night! so yay! though i must say my hair was flat as an ironing board, but audra looked stunning.


Audra and me.


The bridesmaids and Audra with our darling gifts.

it was so wonderful to be back with my college friends again! i am so thankful my parents made me go to Harding. i would be a totally different person without them. i did miss little Erin though. she couldn't come because she delivers in a few weeks. we did miss her terribly though!


One of my best friends Meredith Bryan and me.


Caroline, Valorie, Sarah and me at Cantina Laredo.

the weekend was also filled with sadness. a girl that we went to college with was shot and killed by her husband, who also attended college with us. it makes me sick thinking about it. you think your home and family is a place where you don't have to fear for your life, but, like in Micah's case, it is. please keep the Rine and Pate families in your thoughts and prayers. only the Lord can imagine and heal their heartbreak.

No comments: