Sunday, November 6, 2011

I'm back if only for a brief spell

Poppa, Granny, and me 2009
Stress is so underrated. My blood pressure is surprisingly low (102/60) for the month that I and my family have experienced. I know all families experience death and babies wanting to come out too soon, but it feels like we are going through this all by ourselves. October 13th we lost Poppa. I won't write a lot about that because it won't do him justice. I think he took one of my arteries with him because my heart is constantly hurting. It's times like these that make me want to move back to Jamison Road. I just want to be close to family...all of my family. And then my cousin Tela wanted to spice things up even more. Her twin boys are wanting to come out to play, but they are only 28 weeks. I'm going to be selfish and say that I am secretly glad she's here. I've missed her terribly, and we've gotten to spend lots of quality time together. For that I'm thankful. Now if we can just continue to keep those little toots in there!

Sometimes I wish I was on the TV show "Glee" so I could express myself in song without looking like a looney. I mean, I do express myself in song but with a price. My go-to girl has been Belgium singer/songwriter Agnes Obel. She's PHENOMENAL. I want her voice and her Princess Leia hairdo.
Agnes Obel and Harry Potter's owl, Hedwig (with a dye job).
I've read a couple of books. One was about a dog. I wanted to vomit because dogs are not on the top of my "I really love" list, but I pulled through. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein is about life through a dog's life. It was pretty good--a very easy read.


Then there was Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. Ooh child, I LOVED this one! It's non-fiction but reads like a fiction. Berendt really draws you into each character and develops each perfectly. Now I need to watch the movie. I've become so enthralled in Jim Williams and the murder that I've done my own personal research project. I know...I'm quite the intellectual. It also makes me want to go to a cemetery. I used to do that in college. One of my favorites was off Moore Street in Searcy. It was so old and had so much history. I loved reading the epitaphs. It's just weird to think that I'm reading about an actual person that may have done exactly what I was doing at that moment--discovering a person.


School is fantastic. My kids are gifts to me. I cannot thank the Lord enough for giving them to me. No more nausea all day every day.

3 comments:

Audra said...

Frame the picture of you, Poppa, and Granny. Memories are oh so precious and you have so many wonderful ones with him. I know you will cherish them forever....Love you friend

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your hurt over the loss of your Poppa. I was saddened to hear about his passing. My Papaw died in 2005 and my heart still hurts. Add the death of a mother and girl, sometimes, I don't know how I even function because my heart just barely beats without her.

Praying for you, your family & Tela! Keep us posted on the babies!

Kelli Kegley said...

I'm with audra. That picture is beautiful. I'm so so srry for your loss. I'll be praying for your whole family. Also for tela..please keep us updated. I'm sure she treasures your company as well....and honestly? Who doesn't?! We are going to be in LR for thanksgiving and I'm hoping to get some people together (don't know where since oh, you know, I don't live there! Ha) and watch the AR-lsu game. Hopefully I'll get to see you!