Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Don't Like Your Smell....A Very Merry Birthday to Me!

My friends Erin, Caroline and Lauren at my birthday dinner.

I'm a quarter of a century old! How about that? My birthday was Feb. 3 (Tuesday) and my students were awesome. What better way to celebrate than with 103 students who all wished you feliz cumpleanos? I felt super special! One of my students even made me a chocolate cake! Bonus points! ha ha. Some friends and I went to dinner at Ferneau. I got food and dessert! They have this really good grilled cheese made with smoked Gouda cheese with organic mustard. It's divine! and their bananas foster....let's just say I didn't breathe for a few minutes because I was INHALING it like the pig I am. It was a beautiful day! Thanks to everyone for the birthday messages!

My Bible class decorated my door. They are the sweetest girls!


Lauren, me and Heather at Ferneau.

I just thought this was funny!

Jillian and me....roommates for life.

I've been babysitting more regularly through a nanny agency here in Little Rock. Last weekend I babysat for a family that had a three year old and one and a half year old. I was reading the three year old books and then was about to tell her a made-up story about princesses (because she LOVES princesses) when she said she didn't want me to tell her a story. I asked her why and she said, "I don't like your smell." I asked her why and she just said again, "I don't like your smell." I laughed my head off. I mean, a three year old is capable of smell. I got a great kick out of it. It made my night a lot shorter though I was sad to not be able to utilize my story telling abilites.

My cousin Addie singing and entertaining...this was me when I was that age :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY GIRL!!! I didn't even know you were a blogger!! WOO-HOO!!! Love seeing the pics of you girls! Glad you had a great birthday! Love you and miss you tons...hope to make it to the Rock soon!

Kelli Kegley said...

I Don't Like Your Smell.. that is HILARIOUS! You will have to tell Amy that.. she will love it. I really miss that job.. it kept me on my toes for sure!