Monday, March 2, 2009

today

Today was a sad day. My Uncle Danny would have been 60 today. It just really made me think about where my life is going. Have you ever heard me talk about Uncle Dan because I could literally talk forever about him. Sometimes it's just so hard to not think about him especially when I go back home and drive down our road. He would always tell me that no matter what happened, there would always be a light on at home. He was one of the wisest people I've ever been acquainted and also the funniest. Very witty...ooh and he loved to tease. I wish I would've spent more time with him when he was sick, heard more of his stories. But I can take what time I have spent with him and gain so much from it. And for that I am very thankful. It's amazing how much you can miss someone.

So I was thinking that I need a change--something different. I looked into a program in Spain. I would be a teacher's assistant for 8 months--a paid job. I could do my traveling and get Europe out of my system (if that's at all possible). I was determined to do this, so I called my Spanish professor from college and asked her about this program. She said it was great but that she had her reservations. She said there weren't very many Churches of Christ there, and for those of you who know me, I hate to miss on Wednesday night even. Spain's a big country and for there to be only three congregations, this worried me. I couldn't imagine not worshipping with a church family for eight months!! And then there was the issue of money. With my recent car purchase and lack of money in savings, there would be no plausible way for me to do the trip at this time. Today....God must have another plan! And with that in mind, I stay excited :)

One of my best friends on the planet is coming in this weekend from Dallas. We are going to stay with her parents in Searcy and re-live our college years. Eat dinner at Mi Ranchito, breakfast at Bobbie's, get roasted garlic tomato soup and a Mr. Blond shake at Midnight Oil, and probably go to the good ol' Searcy Cinema 8. I'm looking forward to an exciting weekend!

today.

No comments: