Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the past creeps up

Let me start off by saying that I have no skeletons in my closet. Ok with that being said, I had two of my boys come into today telling me that they knew something about me. I ignored them, as usual, and then the bell rang. They start dishing in front of the whole class! They somehow found out about a boy that I "hooked up" with in college. Now when I say "hooked up", that only includes making out. I was mortified! They knew his name, and more details that no one but he and I could have known. Next thing I know, most of my students in my other classes know all about my lovely night. My word to the wise: do not become a teacher unless you want your students to know EVERYTHING about you.

Did I tell you that someone hit my new car? It's true and to make the story even better, my sister got hit 20 minutes before me. The same policeman helped us. Isn't that funny? Some lady backed into her at Wal-Mart. And these wrecks weren't our fault!! Shocker, I know.

Guess what? I applied for grad school. Now I just have to pass the GRE. I am being tutored for the math part by one of my students. Isn't that just sad? I have totally forgot everything about integers, absolute values, fractions, etc. Math really does repulse me, but oh well. I have to pass. Oh and did I mention I can't use a calculator on the test? They want to make my life miserable.

I have made a life altering decision. I want to...............adopt a baby. Marriage is no where in sight, and I want a baby, so... But I only want one baby. Her name is Halle and my cousin Callie won't give her to me. Callie's blog is www.mostlysweet.blogspot.com Please give her plenty of hate mail and tell her she needs to give me that baby. Look at the pics of her! She's absolutely perfect....for me :) Love ya Callie!

I'm going home this weekend! Yay! I know you're jealous ;)

3 comments:

Kelli Kegley said...

Oh Ashley! I'm so sorry you are taking the GRE. I had to take it back in December, and Matt had to tutor me in the Math too.

Erin said...

I too grumble at the sight to math. Good luck on the GRE. I know you will do great! So it kind of took my breath away when you said you wanted to adopt a baby at this point in your life..until I read on. Halle is adorable! I went to Callie's blog. So, so precious!

Callie said...

So I should probably tell you that we will be starting visits with Halle's new family after April 15th. Let's all throw up together now . . .