Monday, October 19, 2009

cheese samples and other important news

Friday night was girls' night. We had dinner at Bossa Nova then went to Ferneau then hopped on down to Baci. It was cool outside but finally pretty enough to get dolled up. I just couldn't get up early the next day to do the race, so I just had my own race in my neighborhood. I won. Yes, so true. Even the cars couldn't catch up with me. Though I wasn't the speed of sound, I was the speed of lightning. Then went to Jill's for an after the race brunch.
I don't know how many of you know how awesome my hearing is, but I must tell this story. I can't hear well...at all. I get every lyric wrong to every song. At the brunch my cousin Tekia was singing the new Miley Cyrus song "Party in the USA" and I just happen to like that one. A very catchy tune. So I'm
singing along, dancing, and singing. I sing, "...and the J.V. song was on. and the J.V. song was on, and the J.V. song was on!" Those of you who are familiar with that song know to which part I am referring. Jill quickly stops me and says, "Did you just say J.V.?" I said yes and she said,"It's Jay-Z. the rapper." Ya know, there could be a singer named J.V. I mean, really it is catchy. It doesn't have to stand for junior varsity.
After brunch I went to my long-time friend Tessa's baby shower. It's just so weird when your friends start shooting out children. It was great to see her and the rest of the White crew.

My roommate and I took a very relaxing trip to Hot Springs to her parents condo. Sometimes you just need to get away. We left Saturday night after watching the wonderful Razorbacks lose. We went to whole foods to get us some snacks. You know what I love about whole foods? They put out lots of samples. I ate gouda, white cheddar, and white cheddar with cranberry cheese. I even stole a crouton from the salad bar. Samples make the world go round. All of my fondest memories involve food. Imagine that. I remember driving all the way to Texarkana to shop at the Sam's Club. Oh boy, did they have samples! It was sample Heaven.

Now that you know my love for samples...We got back last night and did 30 Day Shred. Caroline and I have done it for 7 days straight now. I would do it this morning, but I have a horrible crick in my neck and a sharp pain in my shoulder. I must have slept in a weird way at the lake. I shouldn't have worked out last night but oh well. I may have to sit out a few days. Boo.
Caroline and I at Hot Springs enjoying an afternoon boat ride.

2 comments:

Kelli Kegley said...

Ashley! I have been trying to decide if I should do the Shred workout after baby makes an appearance, but I was told that it is way too hard core. What do you think??? If it requires a full 7 days I don't know if I can do it.. haha.

Unknown said...

Ashley,
It was SO awesome to see you yesterday! It made me feel like a little girl all over again!! Not to mention brought back some wonderful memories of HOME!! You're such a beautiful young woman with energy I'd love to have! Take care!