|Jamison Road Sunday in the pouring rain.|
- I am always welcomed with dessert by my beautiful Momma. This time it was blueberry cobbler, and I couldn't stop eating it.
- I get to hang my head out of the window like a dog as soon as I hit Jamison Road and smell smell SMELL. You would be amazed what smells you miss like cow poop, hay, and just trees and nature itself. Even the rain smells better on Jamison Road. And boy did it rain. Gravel roads are not something I necessarily miss however.
- I feel a peace that I honestly don't feel anywhere else. I feel closer to God. I think it's because I'm surrounded by love and everything beautiful.
- I get spoiled by my Daddy because he will grill me whatever my heart desires. And those who know me well know my heart desires food all the time. Daddy grilled pork chops, steaks, chicken, and shrimp (that was for him since I don't like anything that swims), but the thought was there.
- I get to spend time with my Momma watching home videos and looking at old pictures. We laugh so much, and we stay up late like we are still young :). We felt it in church the next day, didn't we Momma? I also get to spend time with her in the kitchen which is my favorite place. Momma just loves cleaning up after me, and I love making messes for her.
- I get to spend quality time with Daddy that I wouldn't otherwise get to do. It's not like the man is a phone talker or anything. I helped him rake leaves for a minute (literally) then we drove to get some horse poop for his garden. I wouldn't trade those moments for anything.
- I get to bother my Granny. She loves me this I know. But I always stop there first to see if she has anything sweet to munch on as I travel the 1/4 mile down the road to my house. And I just love to go squeeze her and talk about Poppa.
- I get to see all the rest of my family--all of my sweet babies that I miss so much. I don't get to see their "firsts" so I love to spoil them when I'm home. Jamison showed me his new John Deere boots, and Addie sat beside me in church. At least they haven't forgotten me. And of course I can't forget all the oldies either--aunts, uncles and cousins. And we can't forget my new cousins Bo and Danny. Ooh boy, I could hardly sleep Friday night because I knew I was going to get to spend the morning with these precious boys. It was so nice just to sit and relax with little Danny on my chest and a perfect view of sweet Bo sleeping peacefully. I mean really, can life get any better than new life? I also must be selfish and say that I've missed Tela being up here in Little Rock. I got spoiled being with her each day, so it was good to get to talk to her.
- I get to eat at church potlucks. Somehow I time my arrival perfectly to coincide with these. It's so great to see the people that have influenced me as I grew up. It's good to just sit down and visit. My teacher who taught me in my 4 year old Sunday school class walked me to my car in the rain. I probably haven't really, truly spoken to her in years.
- As hard as leaving gets the older I get, I love going home knowing I always have a place to come back to. I never want to leave. And I do still cry each time I leave. It's that awesome. If you've never been home to Nashville with me, it's not too late. Jamison Road loves visitors!
|Danny and Me|
|The cake that I made for the potluck that Mom and I sampled too much of. Y'all. It's good. I mean. Good. The recipes at the end.|