Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Humilified

Ok so those of you who know me know that I tend to make up words without really knowing it. My friend Caroline now uses my word "humilified" so I felt I might tell you about the etymology of that word.

Once upon a time (November 2009) there were two girls (Lauren and me) trying on beautiful designer clothes (at the Limited). Lauren called to me, "Ashley, please show me the gorgeous red dress that you are trying." So Ashley, dying to show off her figure to Lauren and anyone else that wanted to look, sauntered out of the dressing room showing off the very tight red cocktail dress. As Ashley is walking down to Lauren's dressing room, a store employee has an approving smile on her face as she looks at me. "I look fab and sassy!" Ashley thought. The smile on the store employee's face quickly turned into disgust as she looked down towards my feet. "It must be my chipped toenail polish," Ashley thought.

As soon as Ashley got back to the dressing room, she takes off the very tight dress, contemplating purchasing the dress. She then pulls up her panties (sorry if this is graphic for some of you), and her...HER PANTIES!!! It suddenly dawns on her. The dress was so tight that to prevent a panty line, she just...you know. She suddenly yells to Lauren, "I'm so humilified. Oh my goodness! Girl, so humilified!" She quickly dresses, runs down to Lauren's stall and tells her what she's done. She realizes why the store employee gave her such a look of disgust. She knew that she HAD to buy the dress now. She bought the dress and very quickly left the store.

Will Ashley ever be unhumilified???

Yes, that's the story. Poor Ashley. Little did she know that she was showing her skivvies to the whole store. The moral of this story is...make sure your skivvies are cute if you are going to show them to the whole store.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I've forgotten how much you make me laugh!! You're just too much!