Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer lovin!.

I wish summer was year round. I absolutely love the weather, the smell of sunscreen, the lake, never having to wash your hair because the pool does it for you, and the sun not setting until 8:30. LOVE it! I'm headed to Dallas after lunch to hang out with Meredith before little Chandler arrives. I can't wait to meet my new niece!
Meredith and me at Harding graduation 2010.
As much as I love summer, it's been a bittersweet. One of my very best friends and her husband are moving to Houston on Friday. I can't tell you how many going away dinners we've had with Val just to spend time with her. I'm so happy for them and the adventure they are about to embark upon, but I will miss her dearly. Pray for Valorie and Scott and their transition. Love you both! Sarah, Valorie and me at one of the many going away dinners.
I FINALLY (dum da da dum) got a job! It makes me want to jump up and down and sing songs from Oliver Twist. For those of you who know me well, you know I love the music from Oliver Twist. I'll be a Spanish I teacher at a nearby school district. I'll be a floater which means I won't have my own classroom. There are pros and cons to that. Of course, I'd much rather have my own room. The Pro is I won't have to decorate a room. Am I nervous? YES. They use a program I've never taught with before and it terrifies me. I still haven't gone through training for that yet. All in all I'm very excited, thankful, and relieved to have a job for this coming year. And at a public school to boot! Goodbye CAC...hello savings account!

Fun times with friends at a Boom Kinetic concert.
Over and out with a little shout!

3 comments:

Lana Summitt said...

Super excited for your job! Sounds like a great one!!!

Erin said...

Congrats on your job! You'll do great!

have I told you how beautiful you are lately?! You're BEAUTIFUL!! Inside and out!

Ashley said...

Thank you girls! Erin, that means a lot. I hope you are doing well little momma!