Monday, July 28, 2008

Preservation Station

it's peach season once again my fair friends! and what better peaches than good ol' Jamison peaches!


in my travels back and forth to Nashvegas (that's Nashville, AR) this past week, i sweetly asked my uncle bob to pick me a bushel of peaches. he loves to pick them, and he loves me. one can't find a more awesome combination of loves! so i decided that with so many peaches, i would make preserves. whoever said making jam wasn't fun should be kicked. now, mind you, i was a bit rusty. that last time i made jelly (which is way more difficult than jam) i was 9 and in 4-H. it was so easy though! and my mom helped me. mother-daughter bonding time for sure.

anyone who would like to visit the preservation station is more than welcome!

Yay for peaches! Red globes are my favorite.


I'm mashing the boiling the peaches.


My mom and I taking a picture break.

My 2 almost 3 year old (Sept) cousin Adelaide. Yes Callie, this is Adelaide Vashti. She came over to play while we made peaches. She's so dramatic! At dinner, she kept saying, "I have to throw up." My dad told her to throw up on her plate. She said that she could only throw up in the potty. She runs to the potty. I follow her, but she doesn't know I'm there. She giggles and pats the toilet. She runs back to the dinner table and says the vomit thing over and over. We just kept laughing because she's totally lying and being dramatic. She really is my protege!

She's my partner in crime. My mom said she acts just like I did at that age. When she got to my house, she opened the door and said, "I'm here! I'm here everyone!" She's something else.

My Dad and Addie. In this picture, she looks identical to me when I was that age. I'll have to find the picture. It's eerie.

No comments: