Wednesday, July 2, 2008

pura vida

that's the slogan of my little community where i live. it means the pure life. fun huh? i had class this morning at 8 and sat on the beach and read until about 5:30. it really is quite nice. don't be jealous or anything. i do miss hot showers though. one thing i'm not going to do while i'm here is shave my legs. i'm so serious. the water is so cold and would be shaving off skin. so there. one secret out.

oh did i tell you that the night i got here this really cute tico (that's what costa ricans are called) helped me out of my taxi and carried in my luggage. well ok so i thought¨yes i'm going to get a tico husband.¨ operation: tico husband FAILED. i fell down the steps. he laughs and says, in spanish, watch out. talk about humiliation station. so that's one. it looks like it may not happen after all.

there's a salsa class right now, but as most of you know, i have NO rhythm and would much rather prefer to watch and make fun of people that think they know what they are doing. so i'm off to do that. que dios le bendiga (may God me with you).

1 comment:

Brent said...

Ashley!
It looks like you are having a blast! I have really enjoyed readying your blog updates! Funny story about making a fool of yourself. A day doesnt go by that I do not do that....I dont have the problem of falling down stairs anymore however! Have a great time there!
-Brent