Monday, January 11, 2010

Toot toot! Next stop: Infatuation Station

Ya'll, i watched the bachelor tonight. he's such a little cheesy goober, but i love to watch him. so fun. ok so please agree with me that tonight was probably the funniest episode ever. I watched it with my friend Valorie and we giggled (the kind where you hold your bladder because it might explode from so much laughter) about everything. A few observations: there are a lot of divorcees, big boobies, girls that look like men (would I say androgenous or just manly?), and then there are some pretty ones. Oh my the girls that got kicked off tonight were hilarious werent they? Ashley, the teacher wearing the blue dress, looked like she had a neck problem when she was saying by to him. bless her. and then the girl who looks hideous when she cries. so funny. sorry if she's related to anyone, but you might want to show her how to cry more prettily before going on national television. I called my daddy after the show and told him he should be thankful i'm not exploiting my body. I mean just think of all the fan mail ;).


Let me tell you about my day....only about 15 seconds of it. There's an exchange student from Mexico this semester. He speaks English poorly; he is in my Spanish I class. Many hispanics are under the false assumption that the grammar they learned is correct when in fact it is not. Well, my student decides to challenge me today in front of the class. He said that when conjugating this certain verb, it can be done both ways. I said, "No it can't." He said it could then I said it can't then he said that's the way it's done in Mexico. SO I SAID, "Never challenge me in front of my class again and NO it cannot be done that way. In my class, I teach correct grammar and obviously that is not the way you learned it. You will learn correct Spanish grammar here. End of discussion." He said yes ma'am and I went on with my class. While they were doing their course work, I gave him an instructional sheet and where he could find it in the book where I was correct. Though Spanish isn't my native tongue, I know what I'm teaching. Maybe he'll remember that next time.


Pawpaw made it out of surgery fine. He's in pain, but that's expected. Hopefully he will have better care this time or nurse Callie will get 'em! Also add to your prayers my friend Lauren Brennan. She was diagnosed with transverse myelitits which is inflammation of the spinal cord due to an infection settling there. She experienced paralysis from the waist down, and she is trying to recover from that. Prayer she has a full recovery and can be as active as she once was. She's such a beautiful woman inside and out! She wrote this on her facebook page the night she was admitted: "God is good, all the time." What a strong, Christian woman! Please pray for her, her husband and her family.


I might be getting new bedroom furniture. That's right.
Lauren and me at her wedding in 2006.

2 comments:

Lana Summitt said...

You are a great teacher! Tell him not to mess with you!!!!!

GREG AND JANICE said...

Hey Ashley! Don't mean to freak you out because you may not even remember me (I used to be Janice Wilson and went to Harding for a year, then transferred to HSU with Tela). I just found your blog... somehow... and I was so excited! You look so pretty, and your posts crack me up. Good to see you are going well!