Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Jamison Road

To love a place so much...this is a difficult feeling for me to describe. The outside world pulled me, and I am now outside sitting on the tailgate of my Dad's truck. I couldn't escape this enchanting weather. The wind is perfect. The temperature is perfect. The sounds of bugs and the wind...perfect. The smells of the country. Oh the smells! This is the first time in a very long time that I've felt at peace with things. I listen and I look and see so clearly the way things are supposed to be. God is everywhere. I love this place. It always brings me home to where I need to be. I cry as I write this, at this very moment, because I know I will not feel this peace again for a long time. The cold will come, I will go back to the big city and get back to grad school and teaching. I will forget what this peace feels like. But for right now, I will feel it. I will bathe myself in it. I will think so freely for this one moment. I just had to share.

Wedding pics of Brittany and Waylan's wedding to come soon. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Audra said...

Remember that peaceful feeling and carry it with you EVERYWHERE! It can get you through those rough patches...love you A!