Friday, December 17, 2010

Mary Christmas and a Wedding


Yes, this is a 10th grader. And no he was not being funny. It was such a good thought though! I was grading essays today (for the semester exam), and one of the essays was about comparing the Day of the Dead or Christmas to the U.S. festivities. One girl answered, "We call mines holiday Christmas, and they call theirs Virgen Mary." aaawwww yes well...not quite so. It amazes me that even if I gave them the exact replica of the test, they still wouldn't study it. I feel things were so much different when I was in school and that wasn't that long ago. I would love your imput friends. Are students different today than they were even a few years ago or was I totally sheltered and oblivious? Be nice now...I know I'm oblivious to a lot of the happenings around me.

Brittany's not a little girl any longer. She's now a married woman! We absolutely love Waylan, and we are so happy for them both. The wedding was a bit chilly, but it was beautiful. It was small (small for our family is large for others) and intimate.

I feel it in my fingers...but not in my toes because it's so COLD! The worst three months of my life have offically begun. I know what you're thinking. It's ironic that a person who hates winter SO much was born in the coldest month of the year, February.

I think congrats are in order for...me! I just finished my last graduate class EVER! I will have freedom now. Instead of leaving school to go to class, I can now stay at school. This excites me because I am so behind in life...TV shows and more importantly books. SO SO SO behind. I'm making up for lost time because I: 1) joined Netflix to catch up on all the TV shows and movies I've missed the last two years of my existence, 2) checked out four books from the library, and 3) joined a book club. WHOA! I know, right? Excitingness is happening right here at the Chalet.

No comments: