Wednesday, March 9, 2011

HUMILIFIED

Ya'll, I sometimes wonder if I'm even here. It's like I'm never where I should be in my mind. I know! That makes no sense but it makes sense to me so just go play by yourself. With all of this weird talk, I am reminded of a quote from the movie My Father the Hero. Remember that one? Gee, I still love that movie. That was back in the young Katherine Heigl days...and that boy was SO FINE. Ok so Andre, the dad, is talking to his girlfriend: "I am not there for you. Where ever I am I am never there, where I am! I wish you would all just leave me alone!"

That's kind of how I have felt the past two days. I think grad school decided to sneak up on me all at once (or maybe I just got lazy). Whichever one it was, I have grounded myself until all assignments are complete. I'm very serious people of blogland. I have grounded myself from LOST. I cannot watch another episode until all grad school work is complete. You better believe dog gone it that I am trying to finish by this weekend. I'm working like a dooooggggg. That's a line from I Love You, Man--my go to movie for a little laughy laugh. 

I had a "I thought I wasn't going to graduate" scare yesterday. I won't go into details because they are long and boring, but let's just say there were tears (but no blood) shed. I guess I worry to much or just over think things in my head. WHATEVER it was, I think it's fine now. Last night was supposed to be devoted to researching my Europe trip, but I was stuck working on this stupid video and paperwork. Even this morning I continued working until 8:00. Yes, I was late to school (we don't have to be there until 8:15), but only by 5 minutes. As I'm driving to school on 630 taking the ramp for I-30, I felt that my toes were exceptionally warm. How nice on this chilly morning! Uh no, not so nice. I look down to find my toes were exceptionally warm because I HAD ON MY STINKING HOUSE SHOES!  I mean, what looney toon planet was I shipped out of this morning? Who does that? I'll tell ya who. Crazies! Those are soon to be in straight jackets.



The Europe trip update: I have no idea. I am frazzled. I need help. I am excited but don't feel it. I don't know. Why can't I feel it? Because I don't know where I'm going after Julie and Brian leave me all alone. That's why. I need Brian to map out my trip for me.

What I'll be singing all alone in Barcelona...by myself...with no one to talk to...but myself.
When you're alone and life is making you lonely, you can always go downtown. When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry seems to help, I know, downtown. Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city. Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty. How can you lose?  OH BUT YOU CAN BECAUSE I'LL BE ALL ALONE!

But no fear because I have a very good FANTASTIC movie that gets me in brighter spirits. In fact, here's one of my most favorite parts:

Have a good Thursday!!

1 comment:

Kelli Kegley said...

Haha.. I love that you were in your house shoes! Whatdud you do?! Wear them all day?

I wish I could go to Barcelona with you!