Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Top 20 and a neck bone

I will be posting my top 20 reasons for going to Europe. This will be difficult for me because I have so many reasons. But I guess that's why they call them the top reasons. Whoa. I'm smart. Those will come soon. But ya'll, I must tell you about my fabulous lunch today. I walk into the teacher's lounge to grab my yogurt and granola, and low and behold there's free food! Praise to the Heavens because I was HON GREE. The smells take me to the fattening food world because it was soul food. It made me want to kiss my momma, but my momma was two hours away. So I just hugged everybody else.
They had greens (I don't like at all).

And cornbread (I prefer mine fried but I won't turn this down).

And fried chicken (My scalding is better).

Ooh goodness! And fried peach pies! Help me!

And--hold on to your stomachs--neck bones of a piggy. Not my cup of tea. My idea of a peaceful lunch is not nawing on some neck of a pig. That's just kind of weird, don't you think? Give me some bacon or something.

And homemade mac and cheese. Ooh I was a happy girl!

So if you ever want to end a friendship with me, serve me neck bone.

1 comment: