Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weddings, trips, and other things

Ya'll. What has happened to me? I have neglected my blog and look what happens. I have a book to write. First off, let me tell you about my latest book. I guess I should say books since it's a trilology.
They are so good! The best young adult series I've read in a while, and I highly recommend them. I also read The Splendor of Silence and let me tell ya. It stunk. This is the second book in my whole entire existence that I've not finished. It was so very boring. I DO NOT recommend.

So onto my life...my job is getting a wee bit more stressful as of tomorrow. One of the Spanish teachers is out for the rest of the year with a very sick child. I've posted her blog on here before. The long-term substitute they hired came for a week and left. She said it was medical problems, but it was probably those lovely angels she was hired to teach. With all of that said, the other two Spanish teachers and I will be carrying the load. I will get 14 students in my first period class which will put me at 27 crazies in one period. Lord be with me and give me the strength not to run away. It could happen, ya'll. It could. I'm preparing myself for the worst and hoping the worser of the worst won't happen.

Other than that, things have been running smoothly. I learn so much from my kids. I learned they are called Generation Rx for prescription drug abuse. Sometimes they tell me more than I really need to know, and I want to keep my innocence. Yesterday was "Free Hugs from Ms. Jamison" day. My 11th and 12th graders loved that day! I would make it everyday but that would take the fun out of it, ya know? As hard-headed and lazy as they are sometimes, I sure do love them. I love to see them do well on a test when they've been failing all the other ones, and I love to see their faces when they know a Spanish word without looking it up in their dictionary. Pure and simple love for these kiddos. Now don't let my love fool you...it's often mingled with frustration and a very tight weave :). My kids tell me my weave is too tight when I'm not in the best of moods.

April 29th is the day when all grad school assignments have to be turned in, yes sir. Rejoice in the Lord. That is a day I will remember forever. I hope to get done before then but who knows. At my rate of slower than nothing that might not happen. Graduation is May 7, and no, I'm not walking. That's my one day off from my students. I'm not giving it up to go sit in a gym fanning myself in my cap and gown. A N and an O spell NO.

Let's talk about spring break and how it was fun! YES! I kicked off spring break with a wedding. Say what? Not mine sillies. Harding friends Britton and Kaitlin tied the knot in Monroe, LA on March 19. Julie, Jill and I roadtripped down and made it a fun day trip. An awesome college reunion! I saw so many friends I haven't seen in five years, so it was nice to catch up with everyone. Of course the best part was spending time with Meredith and Chandler. Any time I have with my niece is a blessing!

The Bryans: Jonathan, Meredith and sweet Chandler.

Jules and me. Wat up roadie?!

Buggy and me

Jillian and her crazy friend that is ADD because she gets easily distracted and doesn't look at the camera.

Erin's daughter Sullivan meets Chandler for the first time. Future Harding cutie pies!

My best friend Meredith and me

The newlyweds: Britton and Kaitlin Burton.
I bought 27 new books at McKay's. I know. I am so bad, but I couldn't help myself. I think I have an addiction. Truly. I get a high when I'm in there smelling all that yummy paper smell and holding the words of goodness in my hands. I'm so glad I'm literate because I feel I would be extremely lonely without my books to fill my imagination.

Nashville, TN was rainy and cold, but that didn't stop the fun. I got to meet Blake for the first time. She is such a joy to be around--such a happy baby. Each time I looked at her, she smiled. She smiles all the time and is constantly on the go like her momma. It was great to be back with Cali and Audra and to spend some quality time with them. It makes me thankful for wonderful, Christian friends!
Blake and me on our first meeting :)

Audra, Beau, and me on our walk that quickly turned into a rainy sprint.

Friends together again!

Lauren and me before dinner at Mafiaoza's and Tin Roof. So great to see her!
I ended my spring break stopping in Memphis on my way back. I had dinner with a very lovely lady: Grandmother. That was the icing on the cake for me. It was a wonderful trip! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Peace and blessings,
Ashley

3 comments:

Megan said...

I totally agree with you on the Hunger Games series and how TERRIBLE The Splendor of Silence was... (At least Ann has to take credit for that one and not me!:) But you didn't mention our newest read- The Pursuit of Happiness- and how much you LOVE it! You do love it, right? You have read it, right???
Book club 2011- you host- next week- can't wait!

XOXO
Your favorite Mexican...

(P.S. Love the blog! I'm a sucker for babies, books, road trips, and Europe too!!!)

Lana Summitt said...

You live an exciting, fun, happy life! Love you, friend!

Audra said...

That pic of you and Blakester is so cute!!!