Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Pursuit of Happiness

Do not be fooled. This is not the Will Smith one. Ya'll...this book was so good. It's by author Douglas Kennedy, and I now want to read more of his work. It really made me reflect on my life and the things I am doing. Is it right? Do I justify a lot of things? What would I do if I were in the situation Eric was in? I found my answers to be very interesting. Please read this book. I highly recommend. Read the synopsis here.

Also, it enlightened me on life in the 1940s and '50s. I find that time period very intriguing! Did you know you could get fired back then for "moral turptitude"? Back then, homosexuality, marital affairs, and having a child out of wedlock would get you fired fo sho. If that was the case today, many people would be out of jobs.

No comments: