Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Trial Day 1

Days like this make me wish I could've seen my Pawpaw in action. I got to the court house around 8:45. I went directly to the witness room, the room where the witnesses wait until they testify. The jurors were chosen and then those who weren't testifying went to watch the proceedings. It was a full courtroom! Haleigh was the first one on the stand, and let me tell you. She was AMAZING! A total rockstar. I knew she would be fine up there, but she exceeded my expectations. She was cool, calm and collected. I was so proud of her! I can't imagine how difficult it was so look that piece of doodoo in the face.

I can't tell details, but it was a good (but long) day. Haleigh is requesting my chocolate sauce tonight, so Caroline and I are going to head over there around 8:30 for a little dessert party. One funny thing about the trial...When the detectives and the CSI were on the stand describing the house as they found it, they described each room. They began with Haleigh's room and describe hers as orderly with a stack of laundry on the bed. The southeast room (mine) was very messy with clothes everywhere and possibly some laundry that was not folded. The southwest room (Caroline's) was very neat and tidy with only jewelry on the counter. Hhhhmmmm....does this surprise anyone?   :)

Trial Day 2 begins tomorrow at 9:30. Pray the jurors find him as guilty as a skunk. If they don't they are blind as bats.

No comments: