Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sometimes I don't even know where to begin.

So I'll start with what's heavy on my heart right now, and that is Eden. My eyes are wet right now from the many tears that keep rolling down my cheeks. I'm not a mother, so I know the feeling for mothers is enhanced ten fold. I don't care who you are, but the death of a child is the saddest feeling. I have written before about my co-worker, Beth who has taken a leave of absence from teaching to care for her terminally ill daughter, Eden. In her latest blog post, she writes about things she will miss about Eden. I can't even speak right now. There are tornadoes going on all around me, but this has my heart right now.

             From Life With My Angel:

              It's so strange. She's still here, but she's not. I'm so thankful I can still hold her
              and rock her see her smile and hear her laugh. I'm thankful she still knows me
             and everyone else who loves her.

I know to never ask why. The Lord truly does work in ways none of us will ever understand. For someone to have such the huge heart that Beth has to choose a child, raise her for a short time, and have her taken away. I honestly cannot imagine nor do I ever want to be able to empathize with someone. Sadness just overwhelms me. Prayer is vital.

A praise is the good report my Aunt Tricia received. She went in for her scan for pancreatic cancer and got the "ALL CLEAR" from the doc. She's unstoppable! If you don't believe in the God and his power after seeing the living proof in Trixie, you are CRAZY. I just have to be blunt sometimes.

On to the weather, which is acting totally crazy. The weather is like a really bad student; however, I can't write a referral and send it to it's administrator. One of my good friends from high school lives in Vilonia with her husband and baby. Their home was destroyed in the tornadoes last night. I can't imagine coming home to devastation. I'm so thankful I've been out of danger. Hopefully tonight won't be any different.

I am finally done with grad school. I submitted my portfolio Sunday night, and oh baby! It felt so good! Graduation is May 7, but I'm not walking. I don't want to waste a Saturday to be sitting in an auditormium.  I think that's all I have to update. I'm pretty boring, but that is hopefully changing soon. I'll do an update on my big trip soon!

No comments: