Monday, February 14, 2011

Do you have a boo thang?

Y'all. My students speak an entirely different language; some days I need an interpreter. Today I learned the following:

1) a person who sings really quickly to a beat, throws their hands around in a punching fashion, sags their pants, and wears bling is NOT a rapster. It's rapper. I guess I've been hearing incorrectly all these years.
2) One of my students asked if I had a "boo thang". I said, "No." She asked, "Why not?" I said, "Because I don't need any butane." Then did she begin to speak more clearly so that I could understand. A "boo thang" is a boyfriend, in case you were wondering. I could have swore on homemade macaroni and cheese that she said butane.

And who says learning stops after college? Pish posh!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: