Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Say HEY for my BIRTHDAY! Hey!

 
My 3rd birthday with the cake my mother made and the dress my mother made. She's pretty awesome!
 So yes, it's been a while since I"ve last posted. Which means, yes, I have so much to tell you. First of all, I had a FABULOUS birthday. It was just a normal day...I know. How can normal be fabulous? I was at the good campus first of all. They are such little blessings to me. I love them so much. Even the ones that can be stinky sometimes. Not as in their actual smell but their behavior.

Side note: listening to Rogue Waves cover of "Every Day", the James Taylor song. I just needed to tell you. And it's ssssooooo good.

Back to the birfday (that's how my students' say it), I was also observed for the first time by my UCA professor. It went stupendously. I couldn't have asked for a better lesson or better students. She said she was very impressed, and then in her email to me later that day she said, "Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your classroom earlier today." I might have given myself a pat on the back. I get observed all the time but coming from my college supervisor, I was impressed with myself. Maybe I just had the big head because it was the day I came into the world. Who knows but I spanked it.

At lunch, my colleagues surprised me with a cookie cake. I was so like, "OH MYLANTA!". So shocked. I loved it. It took me back to college when one of my best friends, Erin, would get a cookie cake for her birthday every year. We loved it when her birthdays came around :). 

It wouldn't be a birthday without my heroicness.  My friend, Libby, called and said she was stuck around the corner. Her car was smoking...literally.  I went to save the day. Bless her heart...she was just trying to bring me my birthday present.

The smoking gun.
For dinner Caroline, Julie, and I went to eat at 1620. Since we are having my big celebration on Friday, we didn't want everyone to pay for two expensive meals. It was just the three of us. It was yummy! I'd never eaten there, and C and I had a groupon. Yeah we did. Just call the bargain hunting virtuoso.

Then the snow came. No school on Friday, so I went to my babysitting job early. I sat for a family with two wonderful kids from Friday until Sunday night. It was nice money for my travels this summer. Look out Europe! I'm coming to see ya!

No school tomorrow. Look out for posts from the past--the journal is coming out. Beware.

No comments: